• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CoE

CoE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:51 PM

;p; hi guys i need help i have 15K watts inductive load what should i do to reduce my electrical bill??? is this ok that i will use a power capacitor w/c is 1farad 300v 120 Amps. my supply is 250V, 60 amps. RMS, pls me!!;p;

#2 marke

marke

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:33 PM

Hello CoE

Welcome to the forum.

An inductive load is OK and the inductive current will not add to your KWHr usage unles you have high losses in the feeder to it.
If you are paying for KWHrs only, I would not recommend power factor coreection unless you have a loading problem on your supply. If you are paying a power factor or a maximum demand penalty, then there may be a financial advantage in power factor correction the load.

In order to apply power factor correction, you need to establish what the level of inductive current is. The measured current will be a combination of inductive and resistive currents and you need to separate these out. There is instrumentation that will measure KVAR, or you can calculate it if you know the total current and power factor to that circuit.

Best regards,

#3 CoE

CoE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:22 PM

:P

so is thier a posibility that i could reduce my electrical bill?? by using a capacitor??

#4 jraef

jraef

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:04 PM

Only if part of your utility bill includes a penalty for having poor power factor. It will not save on total kWH that they bill you for.
"He's not dead, he's just pinin' for the fjords!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users