3 replies to this topic

#1 CoE

CoE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:24 PM

blink.gif
hi guys i have a capacitor single phase, i attach it on a load side parallel connection single phase,the rating of the capacitor is 440v , 100amp AC, what is the disavantage and the advantage of having this one??? rolleyes.gif

#2 marke

marke

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:31 PM

Hello CoE

You need to provide us with more information on the application etc before we can offer any real comment, however there is no point in adding power factor correction unless you are paying for a poor power factor, or you are paying a maximum demand penalty.

Power factor correction will not reduce the reading on your KWHr meter. It reduces the current, so it will reduce the line losses, but the load will still draw the same power.

Best regards,

#3 CoE

CoE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:11 PM

dry.gif what shoud i do to reduce my my electrical bill is there any divice that i could use?? like a another kind of capacitor?? that could help me reduced my electrical bill?? as i know all my appliance is inductive load. we have no demand penalty, i am paying electril for the number of kilowatt/hrs that i'am using ohmy.gif

#4 marke

marke

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:20 PM

Hello CoE

If you are paying for KWHrs only, no additional tarriffs, then there is no easy way to reduce your power bill except by reducing the work done, heating used, or lighting used.
Have a look at the energy usage and determine if you can cut down on that.

Best regards,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users