• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cahya

Cahya

Intermediate Member

• PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:37 PM

I have a problem with my VSD drives (Eddy Current coupling).
I have a motor with Eddy current coupling with 5 connector inside it. (U, V, W, J, K ).
My old VSD control is broken and now I want to change it with my spare control, but my new spare control is only 4 connector output that is (U, V, J, K).
Can I use this control or I must buy new control with 5 ouput connector.
I f I can use this control, how I must connect between this output and input, and what must I change inside this control.
Thank you

#2 marke

marke

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:06 PM

Hello Cahya

It is important that the controller and the coupling are compatible. To work, you need to have three phase to operate the motor and a DC source to provide the coupling excitation. If the excitation is not the same as the original controller then you will have problems.

I wouls suggest that it is not just the number of connectors,but also the excitation ratings that you need to verify.
I would strongly recommend that you talk to the supplier of the equipment before making any decisions.

Best regards,

#3 Cahya

Cahya

Intermediate Member

• PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:16 AM

Thanks Marke,
My machine is made by Taiwan company. I have tried to search the machine supplier, but it seems I lost contact because the factory is closed, and I dont know how to search the new one.

For the motor it have 3 connection from 3 phase supply. But in the coupling there is 5 connector (U,V,W, J,K).
I think the U,V,W is the coil for excitation, because I have tested it and connect together. But I don't know inside this connector is star or delta.Maybe you can give me any sugestion for this connection. And the J, K is for feedback speed.
And the excitation rating is quite same, I think, Cause I have tested its voltage and current.
What do you think If I try to use only U and V connector and then I use the ordinary control. And connect it like this way U --> U, V-->V, J-->J, K--> K.
Because as I know any eddy current coupling excitation is DC source, so the voltage accross between U and V is DC voltage. But it is still confuse me how this coupling could have 3 connection (U,V,W). Do you have any suggestion about that?

Best regards,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users