• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chaterpilar

chaterpilar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:49 AM

Hi !!

We have a lot of VSD of Telemecanique make ( Altivars), and when i was transferring configuration of one drive into a newly installed drive of same type using laptop the batteries suddenly went flat.

Now, when i boot up my laptop and start using Powersuite ( the software of telemecanique for configuring drives) there is a popup message showing Fatal error.

Has anybody faced similar problem before, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software on laptop and still the Fatal error remains.

Any thoughts,

Chaterpilar

#2 marke

marke

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:39 AM

Hello chaterpilar

These problems can be very dificult to solve.
It would appear that there is a corrupted file somewhere that is not being deleted when you uninstall and reinstall.

It is quite common for uninstall programs to leave some files, particulary .ini files and registry entries behind.
I would uninstall the software using the uninstall function of windows, then delete the directory that it was installed in and try again. If this does not work, then you have a problem. I have known these issues to require a drive format and start again!!
Registry issues are not for the faint hearted, it is very easy to create total chaos if you start playing within the registry and this is not recommended. Perhaps you need to get a computer proffesional involved.

Best regards,

#3 chaterpilar

chaterpilar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:17 AM

Thanks Marke,

I deleted the entire directory, and then reinstalled the software.

It started working, the only loss is the stored data of the various drives, which i have to download again by connecting to them again.

Chaterpilar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users