• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 marke

marke

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:21 AM

I have recently seen another claim of great savings in induction motor technology. You can find a discussion here:
http://boards.histor...d=1164304499569
and here: http://www.eng-tips....d=174491&page=1

Best regards,

#2 jraef

jraef

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:11 PM

Just to update, Eng-Tips deleted the thread. Too bad though, I thought it was a spirited discussion showing the lengths to which these types of companies will go to promote their ideas (or scams as the case may be). One of the members (Gunnar) says he saved a complete copy. Marke, maybe we could re-post it here?

Interestingly, there is a very similar technology coming out of the same part of the world. Precise Power out of Florida (as the Ample Amp people were) is touting a motor change calling it "Written Pole" technology. What I like about theirs is that they are taking a more realistic approach to what it can do, namely allow large 1 phase motors to be used without sacrificing efficiency, or provide induction generators that can maintain frequency in variable speed conditions, such as wind mills. They make no specific "energy savings" claims that are out of line with conventional wisdom (that I could see anyway). http://www.written-pole.com/

If only some of these other people would focus on what they ARE bringing to the table and stop trying to suck in the uninformed by embellishing it , we could all be a lot more accepting.
"He's not dead, he's just pinin' for the fjords!"

#3 marke

marke

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:35 PM

Hi Jraef

Yes, I'd be happy for Gunnar to repost the thread here, interesting reading!!

Best regards,

#4 schow

schow

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:01 AM

Dear all,

I came across this "NEW" energy saver recently, which they claimed is a brand new technology that I have not seen before in the market.

The device looks like a credit card, which NO hard wire installation required, what you need is just to "stick" the card at the front of your distribution box. You don't even need to slot it into your DB. The sales guy claimed that you will enjoy at least 20% saving after you "stick" on the card. HOW WONDERFUL!!!

When I asked him what exactly is the "new" technology inside the slim card and he just told me that there are some magnetic field inside the card and will "purify" your power by filtering the EMF, harmonics, etc.... and eventually, you will have "clean" power and subsequently, ENERGY SAVING!!!

I doubt this "card" can really work? It is selling not cheap here, around USD100/card. Thinking of getting one to test if it really works and if it is, I think the guy who invented it might be awarded Nobel Prize.....

Anyone out there has experience with this gadget??? Appreciate if you could share your experience and it would be great if you could tell me the "know-how" behind it!?

danke!!!

biggrin.gif

#5 jraef

jraef

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (schow @ Aug 26 2010, 03:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all,

I came across this "NEW" energy saver recently, which they claimed is a brand new technology that I have not seen before in the market.

The device looks like a credit card, which NO hard wire installation required, what you need is just to "stick" the card at the front of your distribution box. You don't even need to slot it into your DB. The sales guy claimed that you will enjoy at least 20% saving after you "stick" on the card. HOW WONDERFUL!!!

When I asked him what exactly is the "new" technology inside the slim card and he just told me that there are some magnetic field inside the card and will "purify" your power by filtering the EMF, harmonics, etc.... and eventually, you will have "clean" power and subsequently, ENERGY SAVING!!!

I doubt this "card" can really work? It is selling not cheap here, around USD100/card. Thinking of getting one to test if it really works and if it is, I think the guy who invented it might be awarded Nobel Prize.....

Anyone out there has experience with this gadget??? Appreciate if you could share your experience and it would be great if you could tell me the "know-how" behind it!?

danke!!!

biggrin.gif

Sounds as though the working principal is one of separating you from your money. You then go broke, can't afford to pay the power bill and turn everything off, thus saving energy!

"He's not dead, he's just pinin' for the fjords!"

#6 schow

schow

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (jraef @ Sep 8 2010, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds as though the working principal is one of separating you from your money. You then go broke, can't afford to pay the power bill and turn everything off, thus saving energy!

Hi jraef,

Ha! Ha! I am quite agree with you!

I managed to get one sample to test before purchase, tested at home & at office, testing configurations are exactly the same at 2 places no plus and no minus and monitoring the kWh meter of the utility supplier.

2 hours before & 2 hours after "sticking" on the magic card, end up, kWh consumed are more or less same, just +- less than 1%.

Called the sales guy and then asked me to stick the magic card up, down, left, & right on the DB box, just to satisfy my curiosity, done everything, still nothing changed on the kWh!

He told me that the test should be done at least 2 hours before putting on the card and 2 hours after the card was put on and not the other way round as the magic card has "energy" that might purify the power for a month even after taking it out.

I think the trick is after 2 hours you turned on your air conditioners for example, your room will then achieve certain temperature and the air cond thermostat might cut off the compressor after 2 hours and there is where the saving from!? Thus, I tested the card by setting the compressor cut off temperature to lowest (around 16 degree C), which is not achievable. The compressor then ran for 2 hours before and after sticking on the card without stopping, end up, energy consumed more or less same!

Anyway, the above is only my personal opinion, if anyone out there has some success stories with this magic card, pls share with me, thanks!

cool.gif

#7 yuri

yuri

• PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:49 PM

There will not be any "success stories" with those "magic" cards. If they were made of some very strong radioactive substance, then one may indeed interfere with the work of a modern electricity meter, but his health would be damaged also, so, no success story, sorry.

#8 schow

schow

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (yuri @ Sep 10 2010, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There will not be any "success stories" with those "magic" cards. If they were made of some very strong radioactive substance, then one may indeed interfere with the work of a modern electricity meter, but his health would be damaged also, so, no success story, sorry.

Hi,

Many thanks for your comment!

They did not mention anything on "radioactive" (anyway, I don't think radioactive substance is easily accessible) but they claimed that the magic card is a "Energized Card" embedded with a universal life force energy!!???

But I am not quite sure why "universal life force energy" has something to do with electricity???

blink.gif

#9 marke

marke

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:33 AM

While there are people silly enough to pay money for this sort of CON, there will be people quite happy to releive them of their cash.

#10 schow

schow

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:14 AM

Hi all,

I was able to see some write out of this product from this forum: http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1616804

Any expert out there thinks that it might work?

Merry X'mas & Happy New Year!!!

Dunke!

cool.gif

#11 marke

marke

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:13 AM

I very much doubt that it will work!!
30% minimum savings guaranteed with no conditions.
You can only save a protion of the energy that you are wasting. If you are not wasting any energy, you can nt save any!!
Best regards,
Mark.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users