7 replies to this topic

#1 anu_rags

anu_rags

Intermediate Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:52 AM

Dear All,

I have a test bench application on which I want to install a drive which does not have an Active Front End rectifier. The drive rating is of 600hp/700hp/800hp. As the application is regenerative, AFE is mandatory. Im looking for a manufacturer who makes AFE rectifier on which any make drives can be hoooked up. Can anyone pls suggest if they have done such kind of application and company where I can get such rectifiers.

Regards,
Anurag

#2 kens

kens

• PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:33 AM

Hi, is AFE your only option? Is DC load sharing a possibility?

What is your application?

Kens
An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

#3 anu_rags

anu_rags

Intermediate Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:12 AM

Hi,

AFE is the only option because it is a single drive and cannot be used with any other drive for DC load sharing. I have drives but they dont have AFE option so Im looking for a AFE supplier on which I can hook up these drives.

Regards,
Anurag

#4 jraef

jraef

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:31 PM

Bonitron makes after-market add on Line Regeneration Modules for VFDs, although they don't catalog anything that large. You may want to contact them anyway as they may be capable, but it just doesn't come up often enough to warrant cataloging.

Bonitron link

Another possible resource for you is Avtron. They are experts in using drives for dynamometer systems and large test stands for things such as aircraft engines. They work with large regenerative systems quite a bit and may build their own front-ends for other manufacturer's drives. I know they did that on a Boeing job I worked on years ago, adding regen to Robicon drives.

Avtron Drives Div. link
"He's not dead, he's just pinin' for the fjords!"

#5 mariomaggi

mariomaggi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:electric vehicles http://www.evlist.it , 3-phase AC sources to test PV inverters, high-power AC/DC power supplies up to 1500 VDC to test photovoltaic inverters, bidirectional AC/DC power supplies to test and simulate big batteries, infrared windows for thermography, renewable energies, special electric motors, special inverters, energy savings, power quality

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:47 AM

Anurags,
if you will specify in which country is located this plant, could be that we will find some other solution.
Not all manufacturers are available to sell such type of product in certain countries.

Regards
Mario

Mario Maggi - Italy - http://www.evlist.ithttps://www.axu.it

#6 anu_rags

anu_rags

Intermediate Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE(mariomaggi @ Jul 27 2007, 11:17 AM) View Post

Anurags,
if you will specify in which country is located this plant, could be that we will find some other solution.
Not all manufacturers are available to sell such type of product in certain countries.

Regards
Mario

Im located in India. I checked with Bonitron but they dont make AFE rectifiers. And waiting for response from Avtron.

#7 marke

marke

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:52 PM

Hello Anurag

There are a number of manufacturers of VFDs that can reconfigure their drives to act as AFEs. Electronica Santerno and Control Techniques can both do this along with many others. There is no reason why you can not combine one of these drives reconfigured for AFE with your drive of choice.
The only common coupling is usually the DC bus.

Best regards,

#8 jraef

jraef

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE(marke @ Jul 27 2007, 01:52 PM) View Post

Hello Anurag

There are a number of manufacturers of VFDs that can reconfigure their drives to act as AFEs. Electronica Santerno and Control Techniques can both do this along with many others. There is no reason why you can not combine one of these drives reconfigured for AFE with your drive of choice.
The only common coupling is usually the DC bus.

Best regards,

Marke,
You mean that you can configure an ES drive to become an AFE for another existing VFD? I had no idea!

PS, just in case anyone is Googling them, it's Elettronica Santerno, not Electronica (Italian spelling with an extra t in the middle instead of a c).

Aside to Marke:
I knew that "you-know-who" was making a mistake in not going with brand labeling that drive. I hear their choice didn't work out too well for them; lackluster sales, poor deliveries, difficulty in users understanding the manual... all things I predicted. Oh well.
"He's not dead, he's just pinin' for the fjords!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users