The Programmer & the Engineer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GGOSS

GGOSS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 06:45 AM

Here's one to wet the appetite. I sincerely hope that I will not be the only one posting here!

Regards,
GGOSS

A programmer and an engineer are on a plane. The programmer leans over to the engineer and asks if he would like to play a game to kill time. The engineer declines saying he would just like to take a nap. He then rolls to his side and tries to doze off.
The programmer persists and explains that the game is simple and a lot of fun. He explains, "I ask you a question and if you can't answer it you pay me $5. Then you ask me a question and if I can't answer it, I pay you $5." Again the engineer politely declines and tries to sleep.

The programmer, now agitated, says "OK, if you don't know the answer you pay me $5, if I don't know the answer, I'll pay you $50." This catches the engineer's attention and he sees no end to this torment unless he plays, so he agrees.

The programmer asks the first question, "what is the distance from the earth to Mars?" The engineer doesn't say a word but hands the programmer $5. His turn, the engineer then asks, "what goes up a hill on three legs and comes down on four?"

The programmer looks at him puzzled. He takes out his laptop and searches all his references. He taps into the Airphone with his modem and searches the Internet and the Library of Congress. Frustrated, he sends e-mails to all his friends -- all to no avail.

After about an hour, he wakes the engineer and hands him $50. The engineer takes the money and turns away to get some sleep. The programmer is very agitated, and asks, "well, so what's the answer?"

Without a word, the engineer reaches into his wallet, hands the programmer $5 and turns to go back to sleep.
;d;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users