Photo

Anyone Familiar With Ge Brand Dc Drive Dv-300?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AB2005

AB2005

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:55 AM

Dear all.

We have a DC drive 400V, 650A, GE (General Electric) brand model # DV-300 in Corrugator machine. One weak ago, I have faced a problem that during normal running of machine, the drive generated an error “EEPROM error” and machine stopped. I have concluded that the drive has lost the parameters. So I fed all the parameters, saved the parameters and drive started working. From that day I didn’t switch off the power of that drive. But now, as I have switched off the power, the same problem occurred. So, I opened all PCBs of the drive, cleaned all the connectors and switches, reassembled the PCBs, entered all the parameters, recycled the power and found no problem.
I am not sure that the problem has totally disappeared, it may occur next time in future. If anyone has the experience with this problem please assist me.

"Don't assume any thing, always check/ask and clear yourself".

#2 marke

marke

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:51 AM

Hello AB2005

Looks like there are no takers for your question.

These sorts of problems can commonly be due to poor connections, so your action of separating and cleaning all connections is a good idea.

EEROMs do wear out. There is a maximum number of write cycles that a EEROM can do and it is possible to exceed this value, depending on the design of the system. Typical maximum write cycles are between 10,000 and 100,000.
Have you spoken to the GE agent in your area??

Best regards and goodluck,

#3 AB2005

AB2005

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:16 AM

Thank you Marke

Now five days have been past but drive is working well as we switch off the power at the end of second shift and switch on at morning shift.
Meanwhile, I have spoken with GE drive agent and he is now sending a PCB for replacement.

"Don't assume any thing, always check/ask and clear yourself".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users