• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 honeywell

honeywell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 01:13 PM

I have 10 sub stations 6.6kV with 250 kVAR powerfactor correction sets with boddingtons control. The sets have been installed fot 12 months and need testing. Is the Fluke 179 capactitor tester able to test the set and how would you go about it the caps are in delta connection. Any help would be gratefull

Regards

Paul

#2 marke

marke

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 07:16 PM

Hello Paul

I am not familiar with the Boddingtons control, however a very simple way to test the capacitors is to connect them to the supply and measure the current. If the current is lower than it should be, then there is a problem. Most control systems will allow you to manually control the capacitors.
Where you can get into trouble with this method, is if there is a significant harmonic content. At this time, the current will include harmonic currents as well as the fundemental current and so will read higher. The Fluke power analyser will give you the fundemental component of the current and you can then verify the capacitance.

Best regards,

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2004 - 07:51 AM

Originally posted by honeywell
I have 10 sub stations 6.6kV with 250 kVAR powerfactor correction sets with boddingtons control. The sets have been installed fot 12 months and need testing. Is the Fluke 179 capactitor tester able to test the set and how would you go about it the caps are in delta connection. Any help would be gratefull

Regards

Paul

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2005 - 05:25 PM

i have problem with my power factor correction regulator (made CIRCUITOR).it was before controlling 12 capacitors (50 Kvar each). But now I connected more 6 capacitors by making 12 steps (6 steps 50 Kvar and 6 steps 100 Kvar). It was working normal but now some times it is going to be hanged and need reset. After reset it works again normal. Please some boday can help me in this regards to know what is going on whether regulator is defective or what I modified is not works with this type of regulator.
Sajjad Gazali

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:00 PM

hi i want do project on single phase to threephase converter please tel me
thank u

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users