2 replies to this topic

#1 pravinspidy

pravinspidy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:46 AM

hi... every one,

I need a drive with single phase output capacity to drive more than 7.5 hp but there is no drives on single phase o/p.. having more than 3 hp... is it possible to use three phase drives for my application.... is it possible to convert the three phase o/p to single phase o/p....  (u,v,w) to phase , neutral.

MY APPILICATION :

i am going to use ac drive for measuring purpose.... i am going to connect a vibrator coil & tube light with ballast

1) After  connection the load i am ill  turn on the vibrator & turn on the tube light ....

2)  now i ill vary the frequency +/_ 20% ... and check the status of both loads......

i may use load even wit SMPS , PNUEMATIC VALUES according to my appilication......

plz any one sugges me is it possible for my application mentioned above......

if not plz say hw to suite drive for my appllication.....

actually i have choosed ac drive which hav a capacity to drive 10 hp but i cant connect my load to o/p  coz its having (u,v,w) which is specifically design for motors... so plz any say hw to get single phase p/p frm (u,v,w) if any possibilities plz give me the circuit........

thanks & regards 

pravin

#2 marke

marke

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:37 PM

Hello pravinspidy

Welcome to the forum.

A VFD is designed specifically for controlling three phase motors. As such, it is not suitable for connecting to single phase loads.
The output of the VFD is a PWM waveform and does not look like a sinusoidal voltage, but causes a sinusoidal current to flow in a three phase motor load.

If you connect a three phase transformer on the output of the VFD with a delta primary and a star secondary, you will in effect get a three phase plus neutral supply, but you can not combine the three phases into one.
The protection in the VFD would probably not allow you to connect the ,loads that you wnat as it would detect an abnormal motor and shut down.

I think that for your application, you would be better to get a UPS and use that to control the frequency and voltage for your experiments.

Best regards,
Mark.

#3 pravinspidy

pravinspidy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:07 AM

Thanks a lot mark rite now i am very clear with ac drives....... & its appilcation rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users