3 replies to this topic

#1 PradeepP

PradeepP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:01 AM

Hello forum!

I have come across cable sizing softwares which says- the calculation (cable sizing) conforms to IEC 60364:2001/BS 7671:2008. I just wanted to know whether the cable sizing criterion/formula varies with different Industry standards. If yes, cable sizing as per which industry standard is widely used?

Thanks

pradeep

#2 AB2005

AB2005

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (PradeepP @ Jun 15 2010, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello forum!

I have come across cable sizing softwares which says- the calculation (cable sizing) conforms to IEC 60364:2001/BS 7671:2008. I just wanted to know whether the cable sizing criterion/formula varies with different Industry standards. If yes, cable sizing as per which industry standard is widely used?

Thanks

pradeep

Dear PradeepP

You don't need to repeat your question, if someone knows, he will reply against your first post.

"Don't assume any thing, always check/ask and clear yourself".

#3 johnbose

johnbose

Intermediate Member

• PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Electrical and electonics engineer with 15 years experience in process industry

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:22 AM

OK. Simple answer is depending on the country you live in and the governing standards. For eg. In Australia AS3008 provide very exhaustive tables and details on cable sizing and is treated as a bible within Australia

#4 shartah

shartah

Intermediate Member

• PipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (PradeepP @ Jun 15 2010, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello forum!

Thanks

pradeep

Hi pradeep,

Iwant to be clear about your question, which type of cables you want to design and their applications? IEC 60364 is for low voltage electrical installations. Under this many parts will come if i am not wrong. so i want to be bit clear about your question. rolleyes.gif

Best Regards,
sharath

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users