Any One Familiar With Control Technique Drive Uni3405

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AB2005

AB2005

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:05 AM

I have an Inverter drive at our machine "Control Technique UNI3405". During normal operation, it displays motor RPM but I want to display here the out put current of drive. I read the manual but could not find the procedure. Anyone can help me?
I am sorry that may be this is very easy but this time I am not finding the procedure.

"Don't assume any thing, always check/ask and clear yourself".

#2 jOmega

jOmega

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (AB2005 @ Oct 25 2010, 04:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have an Inverter drive at our machine "Control Technique UNI3405". During normal operation, it displays motor RPM but I want to display here the out put current of drive. I read the manual but could not find the procedure. Anyone can help me?
I am sorry that may be this is very easy but this time I am not finding the procedure.

I'm going to assume that your UNI drive is of the type discussed in the instruction manual presented in the below link.

User Guide Unidrive Model sizes 1 to 5 Universal Variable Speed AC Drive for induction and servo motors

I'll also assume that you have the latest manual for this product; the manual is further identified as Part Number:0460-0083-09 Issue Number: 9 or some facsimile thereof.

I am also assuming that you are NOT using this drive in the VTC mode; but rather, in the Open Loop or Closed Loop mode.

Please see the following pages therein:

Pages 58 - 60
Chapter 5 Getting Started
Section 5.1 Understanding the Display
Section 5.2 Keypad Operation
Section 5.3 Menu Structure
Section 5.4 Advanced keypad functions
Section 5.6 Advanced menus

The above will elucidate you as to how the displays (upper and lower) work along with the keypad.

....from Chapter 5 Getting Started.... see section 5.1 Understanding the display

"The display consists of two horizontal rows of 7 segment displays. The lower display shows the drive status or the current menu and parameter number being viewed.
The upper display shows the parameter value or the specific trip data."

Next, see these pages:

Pages 64-67
Chapter 6 Menu 6
Section 6.1 Single line descriptions
SubSection 6.1.1 Unidrive (All variants excluding Unidrive VTC)

Note that in the diagram on page 67, the only parameter relating to motor current is Menu 0 parm 0.13 which is the Active Motor Current ... this is the torque producing component extracted from the total current. Another way of referring to it is as the "in-phase" current (current that is in-phase with the voltage).

That's not what you have asked for; you asked for the Total Current.

While Menu 0 doesn't offer that to you, I believe that you can observe the Total Current by selecting a parameter from a different menu.

Please see pages :

Pages 135 & 138
Chapter 10 Advanced Parameters
Section 10.4 Menu 4: Current Control
Figure 10-5 Menu 4 Open-loop logic diagram

In this diagram, you'll see the feed to the motor is sampled by parameter 4.01 Current magnitude which is further processed into Active current and Magnetising current.

The Current magnitude - param. 4.01 is the total current drawn by the motor.

If you bring this parameter up on the display as detailed below, I believe that you should be able to see the motor total current.

Here's how to do it.
Use the MODE button (M) to select Parameter view mode.

Make note of the parameter number in the Lower Display before changing it. If you are presently displaying (upper display) motor speed, you may want to get back to displaying speed after you've looked at motor current. I think that the display is looking at parameter 0.10 i.e., Menu 0, parameter 10.

The Left - Right arrow keys navigate between menus.

The Up - Down arrow keys navigate between parameters.

Lower Display - Navigate to Menu 4 and then to parameter 01 (Motor Current Magnitude) parm 4.01.

The Top Display should now indicate Total Motor Current.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Kind regards,

#3 AB2005

AB2005

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (jOmega @ Oct 25 2010, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Left - Right arrow keys navigate between menus.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Kind regards,

Thank you Sir for a very detailed answer.
I am sorry that I could check for a short moment. I found that Left - Right keys were not working, mean the menu was not changing from 0.10 to 4.01. May be locked by a parameter.

#4 jOmega

jOmega

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (AB2005 @ Oct 26 2010, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you Sir for a very detailed answer.
I am sorry that I could check for a short moment. I found that Left - Right keys were not working, mean the menu was not changing from 0.10 to 4.01. May be locked by a parameter.

AB2005 -

What you have discovered is the Unidrive's... Parameter Security ...feature.
You will find this fully discussed on page 62 of the manual (see link in previous post)—
Chapter 5 - SubSection 5.10 Parameter security

The Unidrive employs two levels of Parameter security: Standard, and User.
The default settings of the Unidrive are:
-standard security 'closed', and
-user security 'open'
This allows Read/Write access to .. Menu 0 .. ONLY;
Advanced menus (i.e. menus 1 to 20) are not visible.

My recommendation is to change—
- standard security from closed to open
- user security from open to closed
—which will allow Read Only access to both the Menu 0 and Advanced parameter menus (i.e. 4.xx).

Unfortunatley, in their obvious lack of wisdom, Control Techniques did not provide a means of reading the Total Motor Current from Menu 0 ... nor did they provided a parameter security combination that allows Read/Write access of Menu 0 and Read Only access to the Advanced parameters menus.

Instruction on how to modify the Parameter security settings is presented in SubSections 5.10.1 and 5.10.2 on page 62 of the manual.

Kind regards,

#5 AB2005

AB2005

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:22 AM

I set 0.34 to 0 but I could not navigate to other menus. So I had to set the parameter 0.00 to 149, navigated to 4.01 and achieved my goal.

Thanks for Co-ordination. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users