• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Eurybates

Eurybates

Intermediate Member

• PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:57 AM

Hi all. Hoping that somebody has had this issue and could maybe shed some light.

I recently detailed a motor unaware that it was a 2 speed. It appeared to be a two pole two parallel path connection with six leads out. I had a look at the supplied 3 position barrel switch to discover it was not a reversing switch but a pole changer.

The motor is 36 slot with six groups consisting of six coils each with a pitch of 1 – 10 constant (or) 1-5-7-9-11-13 concentric / 0.5mm copper wire and 48 turns (one in hand).

I should have noticed it was under pitch while winding. What is worse, I then decided to double cross sectional area halve the turns and turn it into a series connection.. which would have worked had it been a parallel to begin with!.

I thought at first that it must be a two star type connection which I have done many of before, however each lead has two circuits and there was no internal star or any other internal connection All 12 conductors are accounted for. Normally the 2 wye are supplied by the consequent connection on each phase and the other open ends are the second star point made externally by links (or a switch) for the 2 pole and then the external star is supply for the 4 pole with the consequent connections left open.

After some research I came across the dahlander parallel wye or series delta. But here is my issue

I can not draw it out with the magnetic north and south poles to make sense on paper as a line type diagram. Normally my rule is if I can draw it then it will work. Would anybody be able to help me with this? Just with the North in and South out diagram when series delta or parallel wye. It would be a load off my mind and much appreciated.

#2 Eurybates

Eurybates

Intermediate Member

• PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:51 AM

OK. Figured it out. Was not drawing it correctly and now it's embarrassingly obvious. If anybody stumbles onto this post and wants the complete details for constant torque dahlander (including easy to understand magnetic pole diagram) just reply to this post and I can email.

Cheers 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users