Single Phase Induction Motor

silver

There is no universal answer, because there are many different types of single phase motors. Some can be speed controlled, many cannot. Some can be reversed, some cannot. Do a search in this forum, I answered a similar question a short while ago with a suggested website address where the poster could review the different types.

Post Script:

I searched the archives for you. Here it is.

http://www.lmpforum.com/inforum/index.php?...gle+phase+motor

"He's not dead, he's just pinin' for the fjords!"

Hello Silver,

If your motor is of the PSC (Permanent Split Capacitor) type or of the Shaded Pole type, then the good news is there are controllers for those two types of single-phase motors.

Please see:

Anacon Systems

BARDAC

There is also a very informative article in Design News' electronic format magazine .... entitled, "Three Ways to Control a Single-Phase Induction Motor" ... that I think you will find helpful as well.....

Also, please be advised that variable speed control of single-phase ac induction motors is for Variable Torque Applications (i.e. centrifugal type loads); not constant torque loads.

Hope the above is helpful for you.

Kind regards,

Hello Silver,

If your motor is of the PSC (Permanent Split Capacitor) type or of the Shaded Pole type, then the good news is there are controllers for those two types of single-phase motors.

Please see:

Anacon Systems

BARDAC

There is also a very informative article in Design News' electronic format magazine .... entitled, "Three Ways to Control a Single-Phase Induction Motor" ... that I think you will find helpful as well.....

Also, please be advised that variable speed control of single-phase ac induction motors is for Variable Torque Applications (i.e. centrifugal type loads); not constant torque loads.

Hope the above is helpful for you.

Kind regards,

thanks for sharing especially the article of Three Ways to Control a Single-Phase Induction Motor.

thank jraef too as helping last time.