Size Of The Earth Conductor.

rizwan

Since you have Once Again failed to supply any technical details of the application and/or circuitry, it is impossible to give you any advice other than to size the conductor to carry the anticipated fault current; whatever that might be !

"Good Engineering is based upon EDUCATION and Experience; NOT RULES OF THUMB."

"Good Engineering is based upon EDUCATION and Experience; NOT RULES OF THUMB."

How true.

I often get approached by those who think that I can spend a couple of hours giving a few pointers and rules to make them into top flight engineers!

I also believe that there is a reqirement for apptitude as well. I have worked with well educated and experienced engineers who do not reach the levels of less educated and experienced engineers.

I see engineering as being a bit like an art form, it requires talent as well as learning.

Best regards,

• 5 months later...

IEEE Wiring Regulation has stated.... for circuit using 16mm sq and below, earth shall be follow the live conductor size... while 16mm to 35mm sq, the earth cable shall be 16mm, anything above 35mm sq, the earth cable shall be at least 1/2 the size of the live conductor...

i hope that answer u

How true.

I often get approached by those who think that I can spend a couple of hours giving a few pointers and rules to make them into top flight engineers!

I also believe that there is a reqirement for apptitude as well. I have worked with well educated and experienced engineers who do not reach the levels of less educated and experienced engineers.

I see engineering as being a bit like an art form, it requires talent as well as learning.

Best regards,

IEEE Wiring Regulation has stated.... for circuit using 16mm sq and below, earth shall be follow the live conductor size... while 16mm to 35mm sq, the earth cable shall be 16mm, anything above 35mm sq, the earth cable shall be at least 1/2 the size of the live conductor...

i hope that answer u

Thank you tc50. This is what I asked for.

Regards.

i've a tought if a few circuit going from 1 main switch board (LV) to another sub board (LV)... possible to run only 1 bigger cable of earth cable? as a common earth... any1 has done that before? what sort of fault calcualtion analysis v require to do?

Thank you tc50. This is what I asked for.

Regards.