Design Power Factor For Household Load

powerfactorcraze

Hi guys,this is me wrtiting for the forst time...Im doin a project on a design of a power factor compensator for household load....can some help me how do i do the simulink from MATLAB for this design.......??or any website tat can help....thanks a lot.....

My design is based on this::

I have 3 different load,-high,medium n low loads on Kw n i assume each of the have 3 different power factors which is 0.65,0.75, and 0.85.My duty is to correct them to 0.95

Pls help ....

P.S - I have a dateline to meet...

Hello powerfactorcraze

Welcome to the forum.

Is this an industrial/commercial project, or a student project?

If it is a student project, you should post in the student section.

If it is a commercial project, you are probably wasting your time as generally, domestic power factor is not penalised so there is no advantage in improving it.

You do not say what form of power factor you have? If it is displacement power factor, you correct with capacitors, and if it is distortion power factor, you correct with filters. This has a major bearing on how you analyse the situation.

Best regards,

Hi guys,this is me wrtiting for the forst time...Im doin a project on a design of a power factor compensator for household load....can some help me how do i do the simulink from MATLAB for this design.......??or any website tat can help....thanks a lot.....

My design is based on this::

I have 3 different load,-high,medium n low loads on Kw n i assume each of the have 3 different power factors which is 0.65,0.75, and 0.85.My duty is to correct them to 0.95

Pls help ....

P.S - I have a dateline to meet...

Dear powerfactorcraze,

I would suggest you to write your question in Microsoft Word then copy paste your question in the forum so that the spelling mistake would be minimized.

"Don't assume any thing, always check/ask and clear yourself".

Hello powerfactorcraze

All you need to do is to create a shunt circuit comprising a resistor and an inductor to simulate the load and then to correct the load, you add a shunt capacitor.

You size the resistor and the inductor to give you the load power and power factor.

I am not an expert in matlab, but this should be an easy exercise to do.

Best regards,

ps do not post the same question more than once.

If you wish to have a post moved or deleted, you can PM me.