Has Anyone Heard Of Enigin From The Uk, Are They In Nz

marv

It has been discussed here in the past.

http://www.lmpforum.com/inforum/index.php?...7&hl=enigin

http://www.lmpforum.com/inforum/index.php?...6&hl=enigin (towards the bottom of the thread).

My original take on it was probably a bit harsh, because it does appear as though they are a bit more cautious about their claims than most others, and they do offer a program by which you only pay via the energy you save. But there is still a lot of "marketing fluff" in their approach and that always raises my suspicions because they tend to use the same kinds of tactics used by a lot of the scam artists in that industry.

Here's an example:

On their first page...

Visualise for a moment having within your hands the potential to save a company up to 40% of their energy costs, operating in a marketplace estimated to be worth over $1 trillion!

There would be, at best, a LOT of if's and's and but's involved in something that drastic, yet they lead with that statement. A little too much hype for my tastes.

"He's not dead, he's just pinin' for the fjords!"

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and good day to all,

Enigin...hmmm...well, listen up. I have looked them up and done a TON of research on who they are and whether they have anything of value. Quickly, the verdict is NO. Turns out, the Enigin name, well that is the 4th name that I could find for the same company in about the last 5 years. They keep changing names and upgrading the marketing "fluff". They are great at the marketing and I was nearly sucked in.

Take a hard look at the marketing before you leap. There are good companies out there. We have been happy with our choice to get into this business.

Sincerely,

Tim

Enigin...hmmm...well, listen up. I have looked them up and done a TON of research on who they are and whether they have anything of value. Quickly, the verdict is NO. Turns out, the Enigin name, well that is the 4th name that I could find for the same company in about the last 5 years. They keep changing names and upgrading the marketing "fluff". They are great at the marketing and I was nearly sucked in.

Take a hard look at the marketing before you leap. There are good companies out there. We have been happy with our choice to get into this business.

Sincerely,

Tim

Hi Tim, what choice did you make to get into the business? I'm trying to find an avenue myself. Thanks!

Interesting, you now work with a competing company, and bash Enigin. So, can we trust that your opinion is unbiased?

For starters, maybe you should list the 4 alternate company names. I know of one other, but there is no product overlap and the marketing philosophy is significantly different.

Nevertheless, I will also divulge my association with Enigin and thus my bias towards them. I find that their products are a nice match for my company's energy-bill reducing techniques (notice that I did not write "energy saving"), which include peak demand shaving and distributed generation. Enigin's products work compatibly with my strategies, and I find that Enigin's boasts of energy savings are rather modest when the monetary figures are considered. The actual figures exceed their boasts!

To write that the ROI on my customer's equipment expenditures is less than 3 years, i.e. over 33% ROI is again a conservative statement. It is well known that a wise equipment investment in the DG or energy efficiency industry can pay for itself sometimes in months, with or without the incentives provided by utilities.

And that is not even taking into account other serendipities realized by our clients.

If you have something negative to write about your competitors, you should substantiate it. Otherwise, as some of the replies to your post have proven, your posting here is simply a hook to develop interest in your alternate proposal.

Dennis

MGPC

Sincerely,

Tim