Enigin - To Recommend Or Not To Recommend?

ramceo

Dear All,

It’s been my pleasure in being a part of LMPForum’s member. I was considering for taking the Enigin’s distribution ship. I would like to do a ground study regarding the Products and its technical details before taking up the business. It would be very great, if any experienced / professional members in the energy saving industry can help me out on few things. I have listed my queries accordingly to their classifications and I have to say that, I’m not a technical guy in this field and all your valuable comments would be highly appreciable.

Products:

1.We understand the basic functionality of energy saving products and its benefits, but there is not much information regarding the capacity of area, the individual products (i.e., LESS, IMEC, CUES & ACES) can support and does anyone know, on what basis is the no. of products required for the customers is being calculated / determined.?

2. As a part of Energy Maps program, will the energy consumed starts reducing by 20% immediately upon the installation of Eniscope or is it only after the installation of their corresponding products.

3. Are there any other products in research to save energy?

4. Considering one of the latest products in the electronics industry, i.e., the Air condition, it comes with built-in energy saving system compliant along with energy saving ratings. How true is the technical aspect and implementation of it? Does it really save energy or is it just for popularizing the brand?

5. If such product comes with built-in energy saving solutions, there would be no need for Enigin or other Energy Saving Products. Wouldn’t this be a potential threat in this business?

6. Most of the products come with energy saving ratings, what has this got to do with Enigin’s products?

Working cost:

1. Does anyone know the cost for individual products, as it is not mentioned anywhere?

2. Is the cost of Initial Energy Maps program varies according to their customer’s power bill?

3. There is no listing or reference to any Enigin’s partner details, why should ENIGIN hold its partner profiles in a confidential way?

4. There seems to be no case studies and testimonials available. Does this mean there are no reports for this or is the product in its initial stage of establishment.

5. If the Enigin’s products fail to deliver the results, there seems to be a money back guarantee to its customers. Is the same guaranteed to its partners as well?

Training & Support:

1. In order to do the business, they advertise we do not need to be technical but have to be just good business acumen’s. How does this reflect in the training period? There is a 3 months training session held in the UK after the agreement is signed up.

2. I do not belong to any electronics engineering or technical background. But during their training, do I need to have a technical guy with me. So that he can understand the technical aspects of the products. Does anyone know how the training is conducted?

3. Once the training is completed, they promise to support and work with us closely during the initial stage of setting up and operating the business. How supportive is that?

4. Initially, they allocate only one distributor per territory. Is it really true? What is they appoint more than one?

General:

1. Why does Enigin do not have these kind of certifications / accreditations: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ESTA, International Trade Enterprise Awards, and Business Awards etc.

2. There is similar energy saving products in the market, does anyone know, what makes Enigin unique in the energy saving field and its competitors? Before that, is the product unique?

3. Why there is no listing of customer profiles / testimonials / reviews in their website? There seems to be no listing of phone numbers other than the enquiry forms.

4. I would like to know, how credible the Enigin product and its business are, and do their products really achieve the results effective…?

It would be a great help, if any members or Enigin partners can recommend the business.

Thank you.

Hello Ramceo

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, we are not really able to help you in your appraisal.

Many of the questions need to be answered by Enigin and you probably need to employ a technically competent consultant or engineer to do the investigation for you.

Products

1. -

2. My understanding is that the Eniscope is a means to determine where energy is being used and how much so that you then can target areas that energy could be saved. It provides you with a means to test and measure, so, no, I would not expect any energy savings immediately. You need to develop a strategy based on the readings made and then install appropriate equipment and/or procedures to achieve savings.

3. There are a number of products and procedures that correctly installed can improve efficiency. The trick is to know what to use where, and part of that is to determine what is being used and where.

4. Much energy can be wasted by equipment running at full speed when only a low output is required. By slowing the equipment down, energy can (but not always) be saved.

5. Energy saving technologies and techniques are not new and there are many variable speed drives that have been installed for energy saving in variable flow pumping installations. The technology is not new.

6. -

Other questions are best answered by Enigin.

Best regards,

Hi,

Enigin has a director listed (Ian Wrigley) who is one of the owners of Somar who are succesful in selling distributorships to people of energy saving motor controllers.

Take a look on this forum for posts about Somar & Powerboss.

I am always very sceptical about companies such as enigin.

As a matter of interest, how much do they charge you to be a distributor?

Hi members,

Thank you for the valuable information’s about Enigin and Eniscope. It was a good kick start for me to get to know about them. I did check the earlier posts about somar & power boss. The contents and the information provided by both Somar and Enigin are more or less the same. I found many accreditations somar has published in its website that Enigin has not. The initial investment for a license fee is 12,600 Pounds on a deferred payment basis and 21,000 pounds for a full upfront investment. I’m planning to submit my Heads of Agreement to Enigin. But not sure, whether the details they provide me would be satisfactory. Your kind suggestions and help regarding Enigin would be great help to us.

Regards, Ram

Hi members,

Thank you for the valuable information’s about Enigin and Eniscope. It was a good kick start for me to get to know about them. I did check the earlier posts about somar & power boss. The contents and the information provided by both Somar and Enigin are more or less the same.

Hopefully you have noticed the several threads and posts specific to Enigin as well.

I found many accreditations somar has published in its website that Enigin has not.

As I posted some time ago, the "accreditations" cited by Somar are nothing special. They are not related to the efficacy of their product, only that it is patented (they paid the lawyers), it will not start a fire (they paid the testing agencies), and the Queen is somehow proud that Somar is exporting goods from Britain (they paid their taxes). None of those things show any particularly spectacular accomplishment that cannot also be claimed by someone making light bulbs or children's toys.

The initial investment for a license fee is 12,600 Pounds on a deferred payment basis and 21,000 pounds for a full upfront investment.

Wow, I had no idea it was so much money. For what? What could they give you that could possibly be worth that much money? It had better be a LOT of inventory and it had better be in things that are easy to sell. To justify that much of a financial investment, a rule-of-thumb is that your sales must be 4x that amount per year. Were I you, I would investigate your marketplace to see how you would sustain that kind of volume before embarking on something requiring such a large investment. Many of the established product manufacturers who already sell into that marketplace do not require such a large investment. If you are an Electrical Engineer, you should already be capable of what the "Eniscope" supposedly does, but you may not own a suitable recording meter system, But I can buy a very very good one here in the US for about $3,000, or roughly 1500 Pounds. That is a far cry from $42,000! If you are not an Electrical Engineer, is the Enigin program going to get you there? Or is it primarily a marketing program? If the latter, what are you going to do when challenged on Electrical Engineering issues?

I’m planning to submit my Heads of Agreement to Enigin. But not sure, whether the details they provide me would be satisfactory. Your kind suggestions and help regarding Enigin would be great help to us.

Regards, Ram

I suggest getting a very detailed description of exactly what you are going to get for your money, plus a very clear idea as to how you can recoup your investment AND a very clear statement from them as to how much you can return or get back if it doesn't work out. Nobody should enter in to a business involving such a substantial investment without a crystal clear road map.

"He's not dead, he's just pinin' for the fjords!"

OH MY GOD!, 12,600 pounds

Look at their website, it is full of half empty promises offering nothing but save up to 50% of your energy costs (50% of what????)!!!!!, they dont tell you that you can do this yourself without their help for a lot les than 13grand!

There should be laws against these kind of people who rob folks of their life savings.

There is no clear directory of distributors (just like powerboss & somar) they dont want to lose the lucrative money they get from selling distributor packages to anyone.

I think this lot look suspicious. I wouldnt invest any money with them.

• 2 months later...

Dear Ramceo,

I am very new to this forum. The topic of Enigin caught my attention as I am in the process of researching a potential distributorship as well.

Your post was from April of 2008 and I wanted to know how things turned out for you with regards to Enigin. Did you get all of these questions answered and did you move forward with Enigin?

Thanks!

Irish

• 3 weeks later...
Dear Ramceo,

I am very new to this forum. The topic of Enigin caught my attention as I am in the process of researching a potential distributorship as well.

Your post was from April of 2008 and I wanted to know how things turned out for you with regards to Enigin. Did you get all of these questions answered and did you move forward with Enigin?

Thanks!

Irish

I am a newcomer - my first post.

I attended a day-long Seminar with Enigin in London last year, and when I left I had only a vague idea of the whole package. I felt that there was some missing link and I realized that I had to pay out a lot of money to give me a veneer of an Energy Consultant to approach customers. I would have very little training and I was supposed to give solutions to all their energy problems throughout the whole premises.

I read in another post that to save energy, you need to change a process, such as put in new equipment to get the job done faster (less energy), or at a more efficient rate of energy usage.

New motors are now much more efficient than the older models.

There is only one safe, non-polluting efficient type of lighting, and that is LED.

It is being developed constantly and is the lighting of the future.

If anybody needs more information, or are looking at becoming a distributor of cost-saving solutions, please contact me through this forum, or at kerryabu@gmail.com

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

Like many of you I am still trying to figure out the validity of Enigin company, it is very difficult to find any information of who they really are and also they have no record per se to check on the effectiveness of their products isn't it?

Is there any one who became a "franchisee" for them who could tell us more about his/her experience so far with this company??

Look forward to hear from anyone with comments.

Thanks

Gabriel

I am a newcomer - my first post.

I attended a day-long Seminar with Enigin in London last year, and when I left I had only a vague idea of the whole package. I felt that there was some missing link and I realized that I had to pay out a lot of money to give me a veneer of an Energy Consultant to approach customers. I would have very little training and I was supposed to give solutions to all their energy problems throughout the whole premises.

I read in another post that to save energy, you need to change a process, such as put in new equipment to get the job done faster (less energy), or at a more efficient rate of energy usage.

New motors are now much more efficient than the older models.

There is only one safe, non-polluting efficient type of lighting, and that is LED.

It is being developed constantly and is the lighting of the future.

If anybody needs more information, or are looking at becoming a distributor of cost-saving solutions, please contact me through this forum, or at kerryabu@gmail.com

• 1 month later...
Dear All,

It's been my pleasure in being a part of LMPForum's member. I was considering for taking the Enigin's distribution ship. I would like to do a ground study regarding the Products and its technical details before taking up the business. It would be very great, if any experienced / professional members in the energy saving industry can help me out on few things. I have listed my queries accordingly to their classifications and I have to say that, I'm not a technical guy in this field and all your valuable comments would be highly appreciable.

Products:

1.We understand the basic functionality of energy saving products and its benefits, but there is not much information regarding the capacity of area, the individual products (i.e., LESS, IMEC, CUES & ACES) can support and does anyone know, on what basis is the no. of products required for the customers is being calculated / determined.?

2. As a part of Energy Maps program, will the energy consumed starts reducing by 20% immediately upon the installation of Eniscope or is it only after the installation of their corresponding products.

4. Considering one of the latest products in the electronics industry, i.e., the Air condition, it comes with built-in energy saving system compliant along with energy saving ratings. How true is the technical aspect and implementation of it? Does it really save energy or is it just for popularizing the brand?

5. If such product comes with built-in energy saving solutions, there would be no need for Enigin or other Energy Saving Products. Wouldn't this be a potential threat in this business?

6. Most of the products come with energy saving ratings, what has this got to do with Enigin's products?

Working cost:

1. Does anyone know the cost for individual products, as it is not mentioned anywhere?

2. Is the cost of Initial Energy Maps program varies according to their customer's power bill?

3. There is no listing or reference to any Enigin's partner details, why should ENIGIN hold its partner profiles in a confidential way?

4. There seems to be no case studies and testimonials available. Does this mean there are no reports for this or is the product in its initial stage of establishment.

5. If the Enigin's products fail to deliver the results, there seems to be a money back guarantee to its customers. Is the same guaranteed to its partners as well?

Training & Support:

1. In order to do the business, they advertise we do not need to be technical but have to be just good business acumen's. How does this reflect in the training period? There is a 3 months training session held in the UK after the agreement is signed up.

2. I do not belong to any electronics engineering or technical background. But during their training, do I need to have a technical guy with me. So that he can understand the technical aspects of the products. Does anyone know how the training is conducted?

3. Once the training is completed, they promise to support and work with us closely during the initial stage of setting up and operating the business. How supportive is that?

4. Initially, they allocate only one distributor per territory. Is it really true? What is they appoint more than one?

General:

1. Why does Enigin do not have these kind of certifications / accreditations: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ESTA, International Trade Enterprise Awards, and Business Awards etc.

2. There is similar energy saving products in the market, does anyone know, what makes Enigin unique in the energy saving field and its competitors? Before that, is the product unique?

3. Why there is no listing of customer profiles / testimonials / reviews in their website? There seems to be no listing of phone numbers other than the enquiry forms.

4. I would like to know, how credible the Enigin product and its business are, and do their products really achieve the results effective…?

It would be a great help, if any members or Enigin partners can recommend the business.

Thank you.

Re: Enigin Plc.

"Fools and their money are easily parted" who said this ?

Very slick marketing company offering a very expensive service / product stated to be unique which in fact isnt!! Their products are easily available on the open market and you should not be put in a position to pay " Up front " 21 Stg. for the dubious privelage of accessing same through Enigin and at what price?

My advice to intended pursuants would be to "Not jump" as recommended but to seek out the advice of Qualified electrical engineers.

"Wired" in Ireland.

:lol:

Dear LMP Forum User,

Are you the type of person that takes business advice from an anonymous individual who posts negative messages showing they know little or nothing about the subject they are commenting on? Or would you rather take advice from someone who has actually made a decent living running several businesses in the sector that you are currently researching? If you are the former, please do not read any further. If you are the latter however, please consider the following FREE White-paper written by Ian Wrigley FRSA entitled 'What are the Critical Success Factors for starting your own Energy Saving Business?

Ian Wrigley has nearly 30 years experience in building new businesses from scratch, especially in the Energy Saving Sector. In his Whitepaper he will share his personal experiences as to what is necessary to make a success of a new venture in this industry. Whether or not you choose to take your interest in Enigin any further, reading this Whitepaper should help you to decide whether you have the resources, experience and skills required to start your own new energy saving business. Click HERE to download it now (pdf 1.16mb).

To your success,

Steve Hill

Enigin Communications Manager

Hi Steve,

Permit me to ask further information on the 30 years of new business building by Mr Wrigley. Could you please post some detail on these successful or otherwise enterprises.

There are recent appointed Enigin licensees who at this early stage wish they had held on to their money!!

Something is troubling about this business model.

Hi Steve,

Permit me to ask further information on the 30 years of new business building by Mr Wrigley. Could you please post some detail on these successful or otherwise enterprises.

There are recent appointed Enigin licensees who at this early stage wish they had held on to their money!!

Something is troubling about this business model.

Has anyone here actually met or has discuss with any Enigin distribution partners? I would like to hear any comments from them. Or much better if any Enigin distributors can tell us their experiences bring an Enigin partners, whether its good or bad.

It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It is perfectly natural for a prospective business partner to want to find out as much information as possible prior to embarking on a new business venture - indeed we positively encourage individuals to seek professional advice including technical, legal, financial, before starting out on any new business venture. I know of no other company currently advertising on the Internet within this sector who provides more information up-front, than Enigin PLC.

This information is available in the form of:

Comprehensive 20+ page Business Appraisal document (CBA).

Generic white paper entitled "Critical Success Factors for Starting Your Own Energy Saving Business". (Click To Download)

Numerous downloadable podcasts and audio visual presentations previously sold for hundreds of dollars/pounds.

Dedicated partner brochure both e-version and hard copy.

Comprehensive product brochures both e-versions and hard copies.

DVD with sample product demonstrations and audio visual presentations covering every aspect of the business.

Following an initial enquiry a new prospective partner is provided with salient information each day for circa two weeks to help them assess the business potential.

Access to a "Be Your Own Boss" psychometric assessment.

Full Licensee Terms & Conditions of appointment, including company and partner obligations.

Several downloadable audiovisuals with candid interviews from existing and new partners so you can hear directly from people who have taken that "leap of faith".

All this is provided without charge or obligation and individuals are encouraged to read the information thoroughly. Only then are we willing and/or able to discuss specific aspects of the business opportunity. If after reading any or all of the information an individual decides not to pursue the Enigin partnership that is their prerogative - no hard feelings, we genuinely wish them well in their business endeavours.

We have a procedure to help genuinely interested partners which is outlined in the CBA. We have Business Managers who are trained and authorized to provide full disclosure on confidential or otherwise commercially sensitive information and are very busy dealing with upwards of 2000 new enquiries every month.

Any and every potential partner is welcome to visit our offices at any time and we are more than happy to answer any and every conceivable question that is raised. It is vital to us that individuals understand all the implications of starting their own energy saving business, whether or not we ultimately work together. We regularly decline applications and refund deposits if we believe there is a lack of synergy. As a response to feedback, from January 2009 it is proposed that this selection process will become substantially more rigorous (information on this will be released in the new year) and the initial investment for a full exclusive Enigin partnership will likely increase by threefold.

New partners currently receive a comprehensive commercial training course covering every aspect of the energy saving business. They will get to meet with experienced people, including energy managers who have been in this business for decades. Genuine interested parties are welcome to receive a copy of the full week's agenda in advance. During the week new partners are encouraged to prepare and hone their own business plan with the help of our senior management team. But of course how a partner chooses to run their own business is their choice. We do not offer a franchise - or an inflexible pre-set business model - we simply give a new partner everything they need to get started in a very cost effective and professional way including powerful business tools, a range of awesome energy saving products - some of which are totally unique - and a sales model in EnergyMaps. We think it's incredible value but if you think we charge too much... don't do it, we really don't mind!

Once we have a suitable application and approval is given a partner will be invited to attend a forthcoming training course. During the training course they are given the opportunity to re-evaluate the partnership having now had 'hands-on' experience, and if for any reason whatsoever they are not completely satisfied they can leave with a full immediate refund of their investment - there and then - we'll even pick up the tab for their hotel bills!

Positive partner feedback to date after training is 100% - without exception every single partner who attends training leaves absolutely delighted! Many have said we grossly undersell the level of support, training and the quality of the products on offer. How many of these partners will go on to enjoy substantial success... time will tell. Although Enigin PLC is a new company what we can say is that as a management team we have helped numerous people get started in this business many of whom have gone on to build very successful, highly profitable businesses over a number of years.

Why don't they post their success on this forum? Why should they... they are too busy building their business. As an entrepreneur you have to accept responsibility for the success or failure of your business - that is the very meaning of the word 'entrepreneur'.

Furthermore, we now run Enigin DIRECT which is in effect our own 'partnership' so new partners will be able to visit paying customers during training week and meet with managers and salespeople who are currently active and successful in the field. At the same time we will willingly show you our financial company accounts and you can have a copy of our local business plan and cash flow projections for the next twelve months from Enigin DIRECT.

We wish you every success as you endeavour to Profit With Integrity.

Steve Hill

Enigin Plc

Dear Ramceo,

My attention has been drawn to your posting on this forum by a colleague and I would like the opportunity of providing you with a comprehensive reply personally to each and every point. If it is of interest to you I have been in business for well over thirty years, most of which have been in the Energy Saving Business. I have built several successful companies over this time and assisted many, many others to get started in this industry. I recently wrote a white paper on The Critical Success Factors For Starting Your Own Energy Saving Business - please feel free to download a copy with my compliments you may find it useful. LINK TO WHITE PAPER

First and foremost I would say that this is a great business to be in and with the current economic situation there has never been a better time to start. There is an interesting video on YouTube that will help you understand why the timing is perfect, and there are also some interviews with real-life people who have taken that 'leap of faith'. LINK TO YouTube VIDEO

A great benefit of delivering energy saving products and solutions to client companies is that in most cases the client does not have to find 'extra' money to purchase the products, because they are already spending the money on wasted energy anyway. Your objective should be to help them spend their money more wisely, and have something to show for the outlay other than a receipt with a paid stamp!

Your posting is fairly extensive and for ease of reference I will deal with each topic you raised (italics) in chronological order:

Products:

1.We understand the basic functionality of energy saving products and its benefits, but there is not much information regarding the capacity of area, the individual products (i.e., LESS, IMEC, CUES & ACES) can support and does anyone know on what basis the number of products required for the customers is being calculated / determined.?

A: LESS, i-MEC, CUES & ACES. These are generic names for a range of energy saving products. In some cases all you need is one unit (as in the case of a large motor controller iMEC), but in most cases you will be installing several individual products as part of a total solution. This is certainly the case with LESS, Enigin's Light Energy Saving System. Sometimes an installation will involve the installation of lots of the same unit across several sites. One case I was involved with saw the installation of four thousand (yes 4000) single phase motor controllers across six hundred sites. The order value was circa £750,000. The installation was monitored by ETSU and they verified savings of 20% which led to a payback on investment of circa 18 months. Clients normally buy products based on 'payback', which ideally should be within two years.

Enigin has extensive commercial and technical information available for each product and these are made available to partners during training. They also provide comprehensive training on how to assess the potential for each product. They encourage partners to start off with the simpler solutions, and overtime as confidence grows, they will be able to tackle more complex applications.

2. As a part of Energy Maps program, will the energy consumed start reducing by 20% immediately upon the installation of Eniscope or is it only after the installation of their corresponding products.

A: There is a considerable amount of information available in the public domain to endorse the claim that by simply having the ability to actually see where energy is being wasted it leads to a reduction in usage by promoting positive action (if you saw someone had left a hot tap running in your kitchen you would turn it off immediately - the problem with electricity is that it is 'invisible', Eniscope makes the otherwise 'invisible' - now visible).

As the moderators of this forum have often said... the best way to save energy is to "turn it off". My experience with customers in the field bears this out. Powergen have published information stating that it should be possible for a company to save 20% of their bill without installing any load side products. The Carbon Trust is of like mind. Monitoring and Targeting are proven methodologies for saving energy. One of the Energy Managers Enigin routinely uses to carry out local surveys (he also trains Enigin partners) has been making a successful living doing this for twenty years. He states that in all his years in the business he has never seen anything as unique and powerful as Eniscope.

A: Damian Semonin is head of the Research and Development team at Enigin and he is tasked with harnessing the latest technologies available on the world market, the company has several developments underway at this time. There is strong belief in the industry that there will be considerable further innovation in the area of energy efficient products over the next few years. The future looks very exciting indeed.

4. Considering one of the latest products in the electronics industry, i.e., the Air conditioning, it comes with built-in energy saving system compliant along with energy saving ratings. How true is the technical aspect and implementation of it? Does it really save energy or is it just for popularizing the brand?

A: Indeed there are some new modern energy efficient Air-Con systems. We can't save on everything remember, however, there are millions of inefficient units that are wasting a huge amount of energy. ACES is a great energy saving product, easy to install, with lots of proven case studies.

5. If such product comes with built-in energy saving solutions, there would be no need for Enigin or other Energy Saving Products. Wouldn't this be a potential threat in this business?

A: It is a good thing that some products are becoming more energy efficient, as this raises awareness. The Energy Saving Business is a dynamic market. For example in the early eighties I helped design a range of heating management systems, primarily targeting the UK market which uses predominately 'wet' heating systems. Heating systems have moved on since then and the product was discontinued - you could not sell it today. However, I am still in the business of developing, manufacturing and distributing the latest, most innovative technologies and intend to remain here.

6. Most of the products come with energy saving ratings, what has this got to do with Enigin's products?

A: In my experience this does not generally come up as a practical issue and applies more to domestic products anyway. It has little or no impact on how much business you do other than to raise consumer awareness - which is a good thing.

Working cost:

A: Yes I do!... and so do all Enigin partners, however Enigin believe it is not in the interests of their existing partners to publish commercially sensitive information on the web.

As a very general rule, you should be aiming for a 30-50% gross margin on what you install and the customer will need to enjoy a two year payback. Some products cost a few pounds, some many thousands. Enigin has scores of individual products available to partners. These are all available, with full technical specs on ECOS. (Enigin Collateral Ordering System).

2. Is the cost of Initial Energy Maps program varies according to their customer's power bill?

A: Yes - a little. This is calculated automatically via Nucleus (Enigin's bespoke CRM). You simply feed the customers details into the system and it will provide a comprehensive client proposal in seconds.

3. There is no listing or reference to any Enigin's partner details, why should ENIGIN hold its partner profiles in a confidential way?

A: Enigin partners are encouraged to have an open door policy and the company positively encourages them to work together and share ideas. Experience has taught me that it is not in the interests of Enigin or its partners to publish a list of their names. Remember Enigin is not a franchise; they simply help people to get started in this business. What partners choose to do with their business once they are trained is their choice, the company does not play 'big brother'. Furthermore, why should they make it easy for their competitors, many of whom already "tagging" their trading name on Google?

Interestingly forums like this benefit enormously from companies I am associated with, including Enigin. I have had forum moderators tag one of my company's trademarks to improve their traffic levels. More traffic = more money, whether they make it using AdSense (Google's Content Search Network - you allow them to list relevant adds on your site and they pay you when people click on the add) or by selling their own products and services. The owners of LMPForum make money from both AdSense and websites associated with the Forum where they sell products similar to Enigin ( see these posts Click Here and Here). I am not complaining, just making sure you are aware of this.

A: Good point, thank you. There are lots of case studies and they should be more readily available. The company is planning to completely re-design its website for launch in the new year; rest assured it will have lots and lots of testimonials. There are some on the DVD specially designed for prospective partners, which include product demonstrations. Why not request a copy?

5. If the Enigin's products fail to deliver the results, there seems to be a money back guarantee to its customers. Is the same guaranteed to its partners as well?

A: Yes. When I have sold products to the end users in the UK, I offer a cast iron guarantee, they work. Partners can avail themselves of the Enigin PLC guarantee, with the full backing of the company. There is of course a cost, which is passed on to the client as part of the turn key solution. People like guarantees.

Training & Support:

1. In order to do the business they advertise we do not need to be technical but have just good business acumens. How does this reflect in the training period? There is a 3 months training session held in the UK after the agreement is signed up.

A: In the aforementioned "Critical Success Factors" white paper there is a section entitled "Let's Get Technical" - you really should read it! It is true, YOU don't have to be technical, indeed it is often a hindrance rather than a help, (in my experience, and I have worked with, and employed many, 'teckies' they rarely think like entrepreneurs) however, you must have access to qualified technical people. You cannot build a successful business otherwise. You can employ them directly or on a sub-contract basis. Having a competent technical team at your disposal is a contractual requirement of the Enigin partnership.

Training is an ongoing process. Enigin provide an initial five day residential training course for new partners. They have technical people who will visit partners in their respective territories and train local installers if required. Enigin provide arguably the best training in the business and they enjoy 100% success rate with positive feedback from partners following training (every partner completes a critique form and the results are recorded for future reference). We have some audiovisuals with interviews of partners, why not request a link and listen to what these REAL people have to say about the training course before you make a decision. They also offer attendance at a 'technical summit' with some of the finest authorities in their respective fields as guest speakers.

Much of Enigin's training is supported by manuals and DVD's. If after the first day of training a partner feels they do not 'have what it takes", or for any reason wishes to cancel the partner agreement they can leave the course and Enigin will give a full refund of the Licensee fee - there and then!

A: Some partners do bring a technical person, indeed some are very technical people themselves, but most are not. For the most part the initial training is more commercial i.e. how to get the business up and running profitably as soon as possible. However, there are a number of technical sessions during the week, where each product is thoroughly explained and demonstrated. Some Enigin partners have been in the business for years already but are looking for a total solution for their clients with the best products, business tools and of course EnergyMaps, but most are completely new to the business. Training is conducted in a number of ways including presentations, demonstrations, workshops, discussion groups etc. There are six well qualified presenters on the course (including myself). Enigin has a dedicated well equipped training centre with a hotel and restaurant on the same site. Everybody who comes loves the training course; it's also a highlight in the month for the, now almost thirty strong, management team.

A: Once you are up and running the support is re-active more than proactive. If you have a problem and you need help the company will endeavour to respond immediately. However, during the first three months following training, Enigin considers its new partners to be in 'intensive care mode', and some of the team are dedicated to working almost exclusively with newly appointed partners more pro-actively.

However Enigin is not a franchise and they do not guarantee success. What may be of interest to you is that in early 2009 the company plan to dramatically increase the level of support to new partners, which will include members of the senior management team working in the partners territory 'hands on' and helping to recruit and train staff and secure the first client orders... more like a franchise I guess. We also plan to send an engineer to install the first batch of products which will be provided as part of the partnership opportunity. However the downside is that the selection process is going to become much more stringent and the cost is set to increase threefold. My advice is... if you can afford it then wait.. if not, you need to decide quickly!

A: On a number of occasions the company has had to refund deposits from otherwise perfectly good applications, because the territory has gone. They are true to their word! It is noteworthy that a couple of individuals have been quite angry and abusive because they were turned down, which is rather unfair because the Company makes its policy on this quite clear. You must also remember however that for a territory to remain 'exclusive' a partner has to demonstrate a reasonable level of business activity. If you do nothing but sit at home waiting for the phone to ring (which some actually do, believe it or not) you are going to lose out. You should read the company's Terms and Conditions of Appointment, it's a legally binding document and partners have a high level of protection.

General:

A: You can't please everyone it would seem... often on these forums there are comments in postings saying how these accreditations are a 'joke' and everybody knows they are meaningless. It seems to me if you have them (and many of the products I sell already do), they are meaningless... and if some of the products don't have them there's a problem. Remember Enigin is a relatively new company and these accreditations are not 'bought off the shelf', they take time to acquire.

Do you think if we had them it would help you sell more product? Personally in the SME market I have NEVER had a customer ask me for any of the above - perhaps it's because we give a very professional and credible image.

A: It is true there are some 'similar' products in the field and that's because people are buying energy saving products - it's a multi-billion dollar market. However, I am not sure which 'product' you are referring to specifically, and precisely what you mean by 'unique'. I believe Enigin's approach to the market is unique, I know of no other company in the world which is able to offer a potential partner the same or similar 'package' or product range. As for the EnergyMaps program, including Eniscope, people consistently tell me it's brilliant and a world first!

A: Thanks for the feedback and sorry you have had difficulty finding Enigin's contact details, they are on the back of every single product brochure. I will ensure when the new website is designed the number is clearly visible and your other helpful suggestions will be incorporated. For the record the number is +44 (0)1726 871040, please ring anytime!

A: Yes, when installed properly on the right application the products really do work. They consistently deliver "what it says on the tin". I have been designing, manufacturing, marketing, and installing some of these solutions for many years both to distributors, partners and end users.

On the credibility front Enigin is a Public Limited Company (PLC) which means it has to adhere to much stricter accounting policies. There are more onerous responsibilities on the Directors of a PLC and the company is subject to more transparency and disclosure.

5. It would be a great help, if any members or Enigin partners can recommend the business.

A: Good idea, I will ask some partners to post some statements for you - but the more successful ones are very busy people. Interestingly, a significant development within the Enigin organization is the establishment of Enigin DIRECT. The company is so confident in the offering and keen to capitalise fully of the potential in the end-user market the company has in effect set up its own 'partnership' in the South of England.

This week the Sales Manager, Joe Arkley, who attended last month's partner training course (just like everyone else), has interviewed no less than twenty new potential sales consultants and five will be attending training along with twelve new partners this month. Joe was involved in the launch of Sony's 'Playstation' and believes Enigin is set to enjoy similar success (I hope both for him and me he is right). The Executive PA to this department, Rebecca Stuart, saw her previous company 'Helphire' grow from 10 to 2000 staff in a few years so she is well placed to help with the all important admin. Rebecca is writing a BLOG with a daily record of 'a day in the life of an Enigin partner', which will be useful to new partners in the future.

I hope this information is of help to you. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Ian Wrigley

Dear Ramceo,

My attention has been drawn to your posting on this forum by a colleague and I would like the opportunity of providing you with a comprehensive reply personally to each and every point. If it is of interest to you I have been in business for well over thirty years, most of which have been in the Energy Saving Business. I have built several successful companies over this time and assisted many, many others to get started in this industry. I recently wrote a white paper on The Critical Success Factors For Starting Your Own Energy Saving Business - please feel free to download a copy with my compliments you may find it useful. LINK TO WHITE PAPER

First and foremost I would say that this is a great business to be in and with the current economic situation there has never been a better time to start. There is an interesting video on YouTube that will help you understand why the timing is perfect, and there are also some interviews with real-life people who have taken that 'leap of faith'. LINK TO YouTube VIDEO

A great benefit of delivering energy saving products and solutions to client companies is that in most cases the client does not have to find 'extra' money to purchase the products, because they are already spending the money on wasted energy anyway. Your objective should be to help them spend their money more wisely, and have something to show for the outlay other than a receipt with a paid stamp!

Your posting is fairly extensive and for ease of reference I will deal with each topic you raised (italics) in chronological order:

Products:

1.We understand the basic functionality of energy saving products and its benefits, but there is not much information regarding the capacity of area, the individual products (i.e., LESS, IMEC, CUES & ACES) can support and does anyone know on what basis the number of products required for the customers is being calculated / determined.?

A: LESS, i-MEC, CUES & ACES. These are generic names for a range of energy saving products. In some cases all you need is one unit (as in the case of a large motor controller iMEC), but in most cases you will be installing several individual products as part of a total solution. This is certainly the case with LESS, Enigin's Light Energy Saving System. Sometimes an installation will involve the installation of lots of the same unit across several sites. One case I was involved with saw the installation of four thousand (yes 4000) single phase motor controllers across six hundred sites. The order value was circa £750,000. The installation was monitored by ETSU and they verified savings of 20% which led to a payback on investment of circa 18 months. Clients normally buy products based on 'payback', which ideally should be within two years.

Enigin has extensive commercial and technical information available for each product and these are made available to partners during training. They also provide comprehensive training on how to assess the potential for each product. They encourage partners to start off with the simpler solutions, and overtime as confidence grows, they will be able to tackle more complex applications.

2. As a part of Energy Maps program, will the energy consumed start reducing by 20% immediately upon the installation of Eniscope or is it only after the installation of their corresponding products.

A: There is a considerable amount of information available in the public domain to endorse the claim that by simply having the ability to actually see where energy is being wasted it leads to a reduction in usage by promoting positive action (if you saw someone had left a hot tap running in your kitchen you would turn it off immediately - the problem with electricity is that it is 'invisible', Eniscope makes the otherwise 'invisible' - now visible).

As the moderators of this forum have often said... the best way to save energy is to "turn it off". My experience with customers in the field bears this out. Powergen have published information stating that it should be possible for a company to save 20% of their bill without installing any load side products. The Carbon Trust is of like mind. Monitoring and Targeting are proven methodologies for saving energy. One of the Energy Managers Enigin routinely uses to carry out local surveys (he also trains Enigin partners) has been making a successful living doing this for twenty years. He states that in all his years in the business he has never seen anything as unique and powerful as Eniscope.

A: Damian Semonin is head of the Research and Development team at Enigin and he is tasked with harnessing the latest technologies available on the world market, the company has several developments underway at this time. There is strong belief in the industry that there will be considerable further innovation in the area of energy efficient products over the next few years. The future looks very exciting indeed.

4. Considering one of the latest products in the electronics industry, i.e., the Air conditioning, it comes with built-in energy saving system compliant along with energy saving ratings. How true is the technical aspect and implementation of it? Does it really save energy or is it just for popularizing the brand?

A: Indeed there are some new modern energy efficient Air-Con systems. We can't save on everything remember, however, there are millions of inefficient units that are wasting a huge amount of energy. ACES is a great energy saving product, easy to install, with lots of proven case studies.

A: It is a good thing that some products are becoming more energy efficient, as this raises awareness. The Energy Saving Business is a dynamic market. For example in the early eighties I helped design a range of heating management systems, primarily targeting the UK market which uses predominately 'wet' heating systems. Heating systems have moved on since then and the product was discontinued - you could not sell it today. However, I am still in the business of developing, manufacturing and distributing the latest, most innovative technologies and intend to remain here.

A: In my experience this does not generally come up as a practical issue and applies more to domestic products anyway. It has little or no impact on how much business you do other than to raise consumer awareness - which is a good thing.

Working cost:

A: Yes I do!... and so do all Enigin partners, however Enigin believe it is not in the interests of their existing partners to publish commercially sensitive information on the web.

As a very general rule, you should be aiming for a 30-50% gross margin on what you install and the customer will need to enjoy a two year payback. Some products cost a few pounds, some many thousands. Enigin has scores of individual products available to partners. These are all available, with full technical specs on ECOS. (Enigin Collateral Ordering System).

A: Yes - a little. This is calculated automatically via Nucleus (Enigin's bespoke CRM). You simply feed the customers details into the system and it will provide a comprehensive client proposal in seconds.

A: Enigin partners are encouraged to have an open door policy and the company positively encourages them to work together and share ideas. Experience has taught me that it is not in the interests of Enigin or its partners to publish a list of their names. Remember Enigin is not a franchise; they simply help people to get started in this business. What partners choose to do with their business once they are trained is their choice, the company does not play 'big brother'. Furthermore, why should they make it easy for their competitors, many of whom already tag their websites?

Interestingly forums like this benefit enormously from companies I am associated with, including Enigin. I have had forum moderators tag one of my company's trademarks to improve their traffic levels. More traffic = more money, whether they make it using AdSense (Google's Content Search Network - you allow them to list relevant adds on your site and they pay you when people click on the add) or by selling their own products and services. The owners of LMPForum make money from both AdSense and websites associated with the Forum where they sell products similar to Enigin ( see http://www.lmpforum.com/inforum/index.php?...ODE=03&id=1 or http://www.lmphotonics.com/store/index.php ). I am not complaining, just making sure you are aware of this.

A: Good point, thank you. There are lots of case studies and they should be more readily available. The company is planning to completely re-design its website for launch in the new year; rest assured it will have lots and lots of testimonials. There are some on the DVD specially designed for prospective partners, which include product demonstrations. Why not request a copy?

A: Yes. When I have sold products to the end users in the UK, I offer a cast iron guarantee, they work. Partners can avail themselves of the Enigin PLC guarantee, with the full backing of the company. There is of course a cost, which is passed on to the client as part of the turn key solution. People like guarantees.

Training & Support:

1. In order to do the business they advertise we do not need to be technical but have just good business acumens. How does this reflect in the training period? There is a 3 months training session held in the UK after the agreement is signed up.

A: In the aforementioned "Critical Success Factors" white paper there is a section entitled "Let's Get Technical" - you really should read it! It is true, YOU don't have to be technical, indeed it is often a hindrance rather than a help, (in my experience, and I have worked with, and employed many, 'teckies' they rarely think like entrepreneurs) however, you must have access to qualified technical people. You cannot build a successful business otherwise. You can employ them directly or on a sub-contract basis. Having a competent technical team at your disposal is a contractual requirement of the Enigin partnership.

Training is an ongoing process. Enigin provide an initial five day residential training course for new partners. They have technical people who will visit partners in their respective territories and train local installers if required. Enigin provide arguably the best training in the business and they enjoy 100% success rate with positive feedback from partners following training (every partner completes a critique form and the results are recorded for future reference). We have some audiovisuals with interviews of partners, why not request a link and listen to what these REAL people have to say about the training course before you make a decision. They also offer attendance at a 'technical summit' with some of the finest authorities in their respective fields as guest speakers.

Much of Enigin's training is supported by manuals and DVD's. If after the first day of training a partner feels they do not 'have what it takes", or for any reason wishes to cancel the partner agreement they can leave the course and Enigin will give a full refund of the Licensee fee - there and then!

A: Some partners do bring a technical person, indeed some are very technical people themselves, but most are not. For the most part the initial training is more commercial i.e. how to get the business up and running profitably as soon as possible. However, there are a number of technical sessions during the week, where each product is thoroughly explained and demonstrated. Some Enigin partners have been in the business for years already but are looking for a total solution for their clients with the best products, business tools and of course EnergyMaps, but most are completely new to the business. Training is conducted in a number of ways including presentations, demonstrations, workshops, discussion groups etc. There are six well qualified presenters on the course (including myself). Enigin has a dedicated well equipped training centre with a hotel and restaurant on the same site. Everybody who comes loves the training course; it's also a highlight in the month for the, now almost thirty strong, management team.

A: Once you are up and running the support is re-active more than proactive. If you have a problem and you need help the company will endeavour to respond immediately. However, during the first three months following training, Enigin considers its new partners to be in 'intensive care mode', and some of the team are dedicated to working almost exclusively with newly appointed partners more pro-actively.

However Enigin is not a franchise and they do not guarantee success. What may be of interest to you is that in early 2009 the company plan to dramatically increase the level of support to new partners, which will include members of the senior management team working in the partners territory 'hands on' and helping to recruit and train staff and secure the first client orders... more like a franchise I guess. We also plan to send an engineer to install the first batch of products which will be provided as part of the partnership opportunity. However the downside is that the selection process is going to become much more stringent and the cost is set to increase threefold. My advice is... if you can afford it then wait.. if not, you need to decide quickly!

A: On a number of occasions the company has had to refund deposits from otherwise perfectly good applications, because the territory has gone. They are true to their word! It is noteworthy that a couple of individuals have been quite angry and abusive because they were turned down, which is rather unfair because the Company makes its policy on this quite clear. You must also remember however that for a territory to remain 'exclusive' a partner has to demonstrate a reasonable level of business activity. If you do nothing but sit at home waiting for the phone to ring (which some actually do, believe it or not) you are going to lose out. You should read the company's Terms and Conditions of Appointment, it's a legally binding document and partners have a high level of protection.

General:

A: You can't please everyone it would seem... often on these forums there are comments in postings saying how these accreditations are a 'joke' and everybody knows they are meaningless. It seems to me if you have them (and many of the products I sell already do), they are meaningless... and if some of the products don't have them there's a problem. Remember Enigin is a relatively new company and these accreditations are not 'bought off the shelf', they take time to acquire.

Do you think if we had them it would help you sell more product? Personally in the SME market I have NEVER had a customer ask me for any of the above - perhaps it's because we give a very professional and credible image.

A: It is true there are some 'similar' products in the field and that's because people are buying energy saving products - it's a multi-billion dollar market. However, I am not sure which 'product' you are referring to specifically, and precisely what you mean by 'unique'. I believe Enigin's approach to the market is unique, I know of no other company in the world which is able to offer a potential partner the same or similar 'package' or product range. As for the EnergyMaps program, including Eniscope, people consistently tell me it's brilliant and a world first!

A: Thanks for the feedback and sorry you have had difficulty finding Enigin's contact details, they are on the back of every single product brochure. I will ensure when the new website is designed the number is clearly visible and your other helpful suggestions will be incorporated. For the record the number is +44 (0)1726 871040, please ring anytime!

A: Yes, when installed properly on the right application the products really do work. They consistently deliver "what it says on the tin". I have been designing, manufacturing, marketing, and installing some of these solutions for many years both to distributors, partners and end users.

On the credibility front Enigin is a Public Limited Company (PLC) which means it has to adhere to much stricter accounting policies. There are more onerous responsibilities on the Directors of a PLC and the company is subject to more transparency and disclosure.

5. It would be a great help, if any members or Enigin partners can recommend the business.

A: Good idea, I will ask some partners to post some statements for you - but the more successful ones are very busy people. Interestingly, a significant development within the Enigin organization is the establishment of Enigin DIRECT. The company is so confident in the offering and keen to capitalise fully of the potential in the end-user market the company has in effect set up its own 'partnership' in the South of England.

This week the Sales Manager, Joe Arkley, who attended last month's partner training course (just like everyone else), has interviewed no less than twenty new potential sales consultants and five will be attending training along with twelve new partners this month. Joe was involved in the launch of Sony's 'Playstation' and believes Enigin is set to enjoy similar success (I hope both for him and me he is right). The Executive PA to this department, Rebecca Stuart, saw her previous company 'Helphire' grow from 10 to 2000 staff in a few years so she is well placed to help with the all important admin. Rebecca is writing a BLOG with a daily record of 'a day in the life of an Enigin partner', which will be useful to new partners in the future.

I hope this information is of help to you. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Ian Wrigley

Dear Ramceo,

Products:

5. If such product comes with built-in energy saving solutions, there would be no need for Enigin or other Energy Saving Products. Wouldn’t this be a potential threat in this business?

6. Most of the products come with energy saving ratings, what has this got to do with Enigin’s products?

Working cost:

2. Is the cost of Initial Energy Maps program varies according to their customer’s power bill?

3. There is no listing or reference to any Enigin’s partner details, why should ENIGIN hold its partner profiles in a confidential way?

A: Enigin partners are encouraged to have an open door policy and the company positively encourages them to work together and share ideas. Experience has taught me that it is not in the interests of Enigin or its partners to publish a list of their names. Remember Enigin is not a franchise; they simply help people to get started in this business. What partners choose to do with their business once they are trained is their choice, the company does not play 'big brother'. Furthermore, why should they make it easy for their competitors, many of whom already tag their websites?

Interestingly forums like this benefit enormously from companies I am associated with, including Enigin. I have had forum moderators tag one of my company’s trademarks to improve their traffic levels. More traffic = more money, whether they make it using AdSense (Google’s Content Search Network - you allow them to list relevant adds on your site and they pay you when people click on the add) or by selling their own products and services. The owners of LMPForum make money from both AdSense and websites associated with the Forum where they sell products similar to Enigin ( see http://www.lmpforum.com/inforum/index.php?...ODE=03&id=1 or http://www.lmphotonics.com/store/index.php ). I am not complaining, just making sure you are aware of this.

5. If the Enigin’s products fail to deliver the results, there seems to be a money back guarantee to its customers. Is the same guaranteed to its partners as well?

Training & Support:

A: Some partners do bring a technical person, indeed some are very technical people themselves, but most are not. For the most part the initial training is more commercial i.e. how to get the business up and running profitably as soon as possible. However, there are a number of technical sessions during the week, where each product is thoroughly explained and demonstrated. Some Enigin partners have been in the business for years already but are looking for a total solution for their clients with the best products, business tools and of course EnergyMaps, but most are completely new to the business. Training is conducted in a number of ways including presentations, demonstrations, workshops, discussion groups etc. There are six well qualified presenters on the course (including myself). Enigin has a dedicated well equipped training centre with a hotel and restaurant on the same site. Everybody who comes loves the training course; it’s also a highlight in the month for the, now almost thirty strong, management team.

General:

A: You can’t please everyone it would seem... often on these forums there are comments in postings saying how these accreditations are a 'joke' and everybody knows they are meaningless. It seems to me if you have them (and many of the products I sell already do), they are meaningless... and if some of the products don't have them there's a problem. Remember Enigin is a relatively new company and these accreditations are not 'bought off the shelf', they take time to acquire.

This week the Sales Manager, Joe Arkley, who attended last month’s partner training course (just like everyone else), has interviewed no less than twenty new potential sales consultants and five will be attending training along with twelve new partners this month. Joe was involved in the launch of Sony's 'Playstation' and believes Enigin is set to enjoy similar success (I hope both for him and me he is right). The Executive PA to this department, Rebecca Stuart, saw her previous company 'Helphire' grow from 10 to 2000 staff in a few years so she is well placed to help with the all important admin. Rebecca is writing a BLOG with a daily record of 'a day in the life of an Enigin partner', which will be useful to new partners in the future.

Kind regards,

Ian Wrigley

Dear Ramceo,

Products:

Working cost:

Interestingly forums like this benefit enormously from companies I am associated with, including Enigin. I have had forum moderators tag one of my company’s trademarks to improve their traffic levels. More traffic = more money, whether they make it using AdSense (Google’s Content Search Network - you allow them to list relevant adds on your site and they pay you when people click on the add) or by selling their own products and services. The owners of LMPForum make money from both AdSense and websites associated with the Forum where they sell products similar to Enigin ( see http://www.lmpforum.com/inforum/index.php?...ODE=03&id=1 or http://www.lmphotonics.com/store/index.php ). I am not complaining, just making sure you are aware of this.

Training & Support:

A: Some partners do bring a technical person, indeed some are very technical people themselves, but most are not. For the most part the initial training is more commercial i.e. how to get the business up and running profitably as soon as possible. However, there are a number of technical sessions during the week, where each product is thoroughly explained and demonstrated. Some Enigin partners have been in the business for years already but are looking for a total solution for their clients with the best products, business tools and of course EnergyMaps, but most are completely new to the business. Training is conducted in a number of ways including presentations, demonstrations, workshops, discussion groups etc. There are six well qualified presenters on the course (including myself). Enigin has a dedicated well equipped training centre with a hotel and restaurant on the same site. Everybody who comes loves the training course; it’s also a highlight in the month for the, now almost thirty strong, management team.

General:

A: You can’t please everyone it would seem... often on these forums there are comments in postings saying how these accreditations are a 'joke' and everybody knows they are meaningless. It seems to me if you have them (and many of the products I sell already do), they are meaningless... and if some of the products don't have them there's a problem. Remember Enigin is a relatively new company and these accreditations are not 'bought off the shelf', they take time to acquire.

This week the Sales Manager, Joe Arkley, who attended last month’s partner training course (just like everyone else), has interviewed no less than twenty new potential sales consultants and five will be attending training along with twelve new partners this month. Joe was involved in the launch of Sony's 'Playstation' and believes Enigin is set to enjoy similar success (I hope both for him and me he is right). The Executive PA to this department, Rebecca Stuart, saw her previous company 'Helphire' grow from 10 to 2000 staff in a few years so she is well placed to help with the all important admin. Rebecca is writing a BLOG with a daily record of 'a day in the life of an Enigin partner', which will be useful to new partners in the future.

Kind regards,

Ian Wrigley