• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dip04051978

dip04051978

Intermediate Member

• PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 04:36 AM

MY APPLICATION IS TO RUN SLIPRING MOTOR ON 50% & 100% SPEED. GENERALLY WE ARE USING TWO SPEED OF 10% & 100% SPEED OF OUR MACHINE. FOR 100% SPEED WE ARE USING SLIPRING MOTOR WITH ROTOR RESISTANCE BOX. FOR 10% SPEED WE ARE USING PONY MOTOR WITH PLANETARY GEAR BOX. CAN I ACHIEVE 50% & 100% SPEED ONLY USING SLIPRING MOTOR WITH ROTOR RESISTANCE BOX???

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

My email id is dip04051978@yahoo.com.

#2 marke

marke

Posting Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 10:13 PM

hello dip04051978

Variation in the value of the resistance in the rotor circuit of a slip ring motor, alters the motor torque curve. Essentially, the slip of maximum torque increases with increasing resistance. If you have a constant torque load, you can use this as a means of controlling the speed of the motor. If the load torque varies, the speed will alter with the load torque variation. Consider that the resistors control the torque of the motor, not the speed.
Additionally, there is considerable slip los when operating at 10% speed. This power loss is dissipated in the rotor resistors, so I expect that the pony motor solution is a good one in that the speed will be constant and the efficiency will be much higher.

Best regards,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users