Nema Starter

elect-ok

dear all....

happy new year..... :) :)

If i have Non Reversing LV MCC, 480 Volt, 60 Hz. I want to put 20 A MCCB. 20 A Contactor and 20 A Adjustable TOR.

how does i call that complete device (MCCB, Contactor, TOR) in NEMA Starter ?

Is it NEMA 00,1,2,3,4.....etc..?

because i am not familiar in US Device. in my previous project, i use IEC device. thank you

dear all....

happy new year..... :) :)

If i have Non Reversing LV MCC, 480 Volt, 60 Hz. I want to put 20 A MCCB. 20 A Contactor and 20 A Adjustable TOR.

how does i call that complete device (MCCB, Contactor, TOR) in NEMA Starter ?

Is it NEMA 00,1,2,3,4.....etc..?

because i am not familiar in US Device. in my previous project, i use IEC device. thank you

You can call it anything you like, but just picking out the parts does not make it a NEMA rated starter. There are a lot more criteria than just the HP rating compared to IEC devices. But you have other issues here as well. For one, you cannot use a 20A TOL on a starter that has a 20A MCCB in front of it. A 20A MCCB can only ne loaded to 80% of it's rating. In addition, unless the instantaneous trip settings are adjustable, most common MCCBs will trip on motor inrush current if it is sized the same as the TOL.

If you want to apply a "NEMA" size to what you build, you need to either use a device that already carries a NEMA rating, or you should attain a copy of NEMA ICS-2 design specifications to learn ALL of the rating specifications involved. http://www.nema.org/stds/ics2.cfm

"He's not dead, he's just pinin' for the fjords!"