Smart Stix With The Xle/xlt

marke

Network Connection.

To use the Smart Stix I/O modules on the XLE and XLT processors, connection is made to the CSCan bus connector.

Each module must have a unique address.This is set on the rotary switches on the top of each unit.

The connection must be daisy chained using screened CanBus cable. The two end units on the network must be fitted with terminating resistors. These resistors are provided with the controller.

Processor Setup.

-CSCape 8 series.

Under the controller menu, open I/O Configure and click on Network I/O, then add the Smart Stix devices, ensuring that the addres matches the address of the module. For digital I/O you need to specify an internal register in the PLC for the external I/O to map to. (i.e. %R100) There is also the provision to set the default output status.

For analog I/O, the internal registers need to be defined as with the digital I/O, and the analogue mode can be set up.

-CSCape 9 series.

Under the controller menu, open Hardware Configuration and click on Network I/O, then add the Smart Stix devices, ensuring that the addres matches the address of the module. For digital I/O you need to specify an internal register in the PLC for the external I/O to map to. (i.e. %R100) There is also the provision to set the default output status.

For analog I/O, the internal registers need to be defined as with the digital I/O, and the analogue mode can be set up.

There is no ladder programming required.

Best regards,

Mark.